Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:36:18 -0800 (PST)

 BUT! But they are the same army with some of them going over to the DARK SIDE. giving them more power and Deamons

Is not that their hole thing and all..???

Q...

  Kelvin henderson <kx.henderson_at_...> wrote:

>I could reply with how allowing both imperial and chaos armies to
>field everything levels the playing field but has the added undesired
>effect of making the armies identical, but since I'm just whining I
>think I'll pass up. Let me just state that if I have to field a chaos
>army that has the same units of an imperial army, moves like an
>imperial army, fights like an imperial army, FEELS like an imperial
>army, I could as well field an imperial army and be done with it.

This is true (about the Chaos feeling like Imperials part if we simply make
them bad Imperials) but we all need to remember that in the end, Chaos
really is mostly just Imperial troops gone bad! They are still just Space
Marines, Guardsmen and Titans who have chosen to worship Chaos instead of
the Emperor! They might have a few monsters and Daemons running around
with them and they might have tentacles instead of arms, but they are still
just Imperials gone bad. I'm not saying for one second that we should
allow Chaos unrestricted access to the Imperial lists, but allowing them
SOME Imperial equipment is only fair but with numbers allowed being limited
and the types restricted so as to maintain play balance. This allows
people to give the Chaos forces a more "Imperial" feel to reflect their
origins and also allows players some unique modelling opportunities (I have
a Baneblade at home modified for Chaos as a Slaanesh vehicle for use with
my Slaaneshi cultist squad, and it looks very cool).

-Kelvin...

"Look, just give me some inner peace
or I'll mop the floor with you."
-Homer

eGroups Sponsor

RuneSmith Studio "we bring the art to war"