Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:47:54 -0500

Hi!

> First a brief rebut then some play balance:
>
> REBUT: I believe that in the chaos card section it states that cards
> cannot be played on mechanicals:
> This is due to the fact that vehicles and mechanical type units warp
> to the effects of Chaos too slowly for the "gift" to be
> useful during
> a battle.

Correct. It was to avoid some REALLY devastating cheesy tactics.

> So over time, the machines exposed to the warp are mutated. CSM
> Rhinos could not last centuries as they are being altered by the warp
> despite what Chaos dwarves could do. As they are altered they stop
> working. Besides, can you really picture a chaos world manufacturing
> all the tiny pieces necessary to keep the machines running? Titans
> are different. They still work because they are inhabitted by
> greater
> daemons.

The problem is, they either fix what they have or make new ones. Either
proposition has problems. Again I view chaos marines as more "marine"
than "demon" they either know how to fix what they got or make new ones.

> Play Balance: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not go back to 40k stuff and
> say "but they got it there!" That can only end with all marines
> getting barage points to simulate their grenades. The whole point of
> NETEPIC was to create a balanced game with different flavored armies.
> I am at a loss how play balance is supposed tobe maintained if Chaos
> gets everything the Imperials do PLUS all of thier unique units.
> Also, I don't see how much fun that would be.

Lets be clear. If you play the chaos lists with no optional rules or
units you are stuck with ONLY whats in those lists, NO imperial support
card cards allowed!

If you play the optional organizations and stand alone chaos armies then
you can bring PDF (IG) support cards with your renegade/cultist force.
Again these are OPTIONAL.

Peter