Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:59:00 -0000

> 1. Transports. Rhinos, LRs, etc should only be available and
>usable by CSMs.

I agree completely with this one

> The Imperials generally use combined arms, drawing from the
>various organizations to form a force. IG with Marines and Titan
>support. (I still don't think the TG should be separate army). Yes,
>they do operate individually on a regular basis, but the "norm" is for
>combined arms.

The old 40K chaos codex actually stated that space marines (at least during
the heresy) would actually only serve as assault troops, with the guard and
titans doing the heavy work.

Also, on a realistic basis mariens simply cannot field the numbers of troops
for a large campaign.
And if we look at their survivability in NetEpic, nothing would remain alive
after 2 battles or so.