Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:03:04 -0000

>I don't know about you, but 300 pt THawks would make me pause before I
>included them, even if in certain circumstances they would be effective.
>One good AA shot, ouch!!

Actually I dont see al the fuss about giving T-hawks to chaos marines.

A:
They would be restrcited to marines, i.e. no landing a bloodthirster.

B:
As special cards they are quite limited anyway

C:
Noone complains about marine players landing veterans, wolf guard or
terminators (or even assault termies (+8 CAF) in T-hawks.

But every is bitching when a chaos player want to drop some traitor marines
with CAF +3.

Even if he pays loads of points and is actually risking his elite infantry
to AA fire and interceptions

Anyway, for mixed imperial armies, I dont see the big fuss.
True, I could take IG firepower, marine infantry and cheap massed titans but
I cant get much of either.

THis army would be quite allround, but would lack the specialized focus of
the component armies.

Also, I have played with both individual and combined imp. armies and have
won and lost with both types.

I agree that you have more options when combining, but its not that big a
deal.