Re: [NetEpic ML] Drop Pods

From: Hellreich <helreich_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:52:51 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eivind Borgeteien
  To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:27 AM
  Subject: [NetEpic ML] Drop Pods

  Hi!

  One question concerning drop pods comes to mind. It seems quite odd that units disembarking from pods cant engage in CC. Well, so is the rules and its OK by me, but I wonder how to handle Pods that lands in the middle of the enemy troops?
  _at__at_ well think of them as have been jard around alittle from the rough landing and legs are alittle shakie. The best they can do is come out blasing till they gain their composure. Thats how I look at it.

  In many instances the disembarking troops are bound to come out nearer than 1 cm than the enemy and are thus bound to fight CC.

  How are you guys handling this?
  _at__at_ what we do is just to place them as far aprat as possible, and not put them in CC, I had one game were 2 pods ladded and I only had about a half a CM from the enemy. This is fine even though the rules say 1CM. Sometimes you have to bend on such rules to ease game flow. Because by doing this there is no real advantage. 1 cm or a half cm still gives the same results in this situation. But most of the time when one lands this close it results in a bunch of dead marines. but remember you do have 10cm to play with when placing your troops, so it is not hard to keep them 1cm apart.

  To be able to give them Charge orders would really over balance the use of them and we would have to play test and come up with a whole new cost of the pods. Would most likly put the pods in the 500-600pt area

  Eivind

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor