Re: [NetEpic ML] Drop Pods

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:51:49 -0500

Hi!

You fit them as best as you can, it one of those limitations you really can't get around. As for not being able to charge, it just makes drop pods too good if you could. They disrupt the enemy a lot, in case of a less experienced player they may lose the game outright not being able to deal with such a threat. If they could charge, the disruption caused is to such a degree to be unsalvagable. This is not due to casualties, but in paralyzing a enemies army at its baseline, while you just take over the board with little or no opposition. A full company of marines can pin quite a bit and engage a lot of first fire troops. The company will most assuredly die, but it obtained its goal-you opponent does nothing to your main force for a full turn.

Peter