Re: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic vs Epic 40k

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 00:56:36 +0100

Epic 40K gives the player much greater freedom in constructing his own
detachments. The problem is that the detachments are as big as companies,
and because of that every army in epic 40K fights with a formations like we
know the orks does in netepic. This really sucks for eldar and SM!

In stead of letting each stand shoot and fight for himself, the firepower of
the detachment is added up and crossreferenced with a chart to figure out
the kills. Same for CC. It also have a phase called firefight when two
detachments come too close to one another. This is really lethal.

In an effort to make the gameplay more streamlined many of the units from
the original game has been cut out or simplified beyond recognition. I.E.
you dont buy commisars for IG, you only upgrade a troopstand.

It is really two different games set in the same universe. My group tried to
melt the two games into one, but that lead to tons of specialrules and
truckloads of cheese, so dont even think of it!!!!!

Eivind