Problems with Chaos Marine Rewards

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:18:52 +1000

At 05:43 AM 16-03-01 -0800, Hellreich wrote:
>Then this needs to be reworded for better understanding. For any GW game I
>ever knew the Chaos Marine's always had this power from beging to end of
>game. This is what seperates the Choas marine from a regular SM.

Well, ever since I first saw Chaos played with the Renegades supplement and
even in the Games Workshop battle reports from Epic's heyday this is how
the powers worked. I can even tell you which battle reports this happened
in once I dig out my old WDs.

>I belive you are reading to far into the rules, the rules: CSML
>These are special Company cards that may only be purchased if the
>corresponding Primarch is also pruchased. Each Leigion entitles the Chaos
>player to a Chaos reward that is sepcific and can only be used by That
>particular legion.

To be honest, I can't see how you get your interpretation of the
rules. They are a Chaos Reward Card. They are simply specific to a
legion. Perhaps the rules are a bit ambiguous (I can't see that they are
myself) and so need to be reworded to say "these Rewards follow all the
standard rules for Chaos Reward Cards, they are simply specific to that
Chaos Marine Legion". But this is obviously something that needs
clarification.

So what say everyone (especially Peter, o rules guru)? Are the Legion
powers a one-shot card like other Chaos Rewards or do they in fact last the
entire game?