RE: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:44:22 +0200

Very true! We don't actually experience that much poverty
over here in Scandinavia either, and we also tend to grumble
about tax increases and whatnot. But, even here there are people
who live on the street, alcoholism is high, drug use is increasing,
and many norwegians fear we are losing our cultural identity
due to ever increasing amounts of immigrants. These are all
petty problems if we compare with countries which have a 50%+
deathrate on newborn children, and where food is scarce. Disease
spreading through contaminated water, STD running amock, corrupt
governments who pocket all the money and so on.
We all too often forget how lucky we are, and how much worse life
could really be...

Rune