Re: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:53:41 -0400

-->Ayup, I asked for it...8)

Like I said, you asked for it: I wonder what one nation seems to
constantly
complaining "help, I actually have to pay my debts to the UN", "help,
people
want to slow down the complete annihilation of world's ecosystem and it
hurts my income", "help, the rest of the world won't accept the fact that
there really are only two ways of doing things: our way and the wrong
way",
"help, people don't want to eat my beef just because it is pumped so full
of
hormones it probably pops like a balloon if someone stabs it" -just to
name
a few. All that and a crapload of hypocrisy as a bonus. And THAT is
supposed
to be taken seriously? :P

-->UN debt, wellll...it all depends, on how you look at it. The US is
generally the support guys for UN operations, providing transport, and
technical services for various UN operations around the globe. USAF
transport aircraft airlift tons of personal and material to the sundry op
sites, at no cost to the UN (the US tax payer foots the bill, yer
welcome). And there is a lot of uneasiness in the US about the role and
nature of the UN, so the government responds to the will of the people.
We're just paranoid, and we like it. Annihilation of the world ecosystem
is not specific to the US ya know. Norwegian fishers do their bit, as do
British and European oil companies, not to mention all those coal mines
across the continent (along with those steel mills). And of course there
are more than two ways of doing things, your way, my way (cue Frank
Sinatra), the right way, the wrong way, the American way, the Russian
way, the Chinese way, the European way, and a few others. Of course
every right thinking individual knows that the right way and the American
way are one and the same. *P Now for that beefy comment. "Well at
least our beef won't kill you six weeks after eating it." No Mad Cow, no
hoof and mouth, no fatty cuts of mystery meat passed off as a steak. And
even better, we know how to cook them. Only Aussies can get it right
outside of the States. And, on a related note, Herring are bait, not
snacks. And hey, we like hypocrisy. It's fun, it's nutritional, it's
educational. Get yers today!

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein -Rammstein