Re: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 13:11:20 -0400

Hey don't cave in to those American bashers. I can take it (the bashing) but
when I see other Americans say "Well, yeah uh, maybe you have point "when
the other side is making a bunch of generalizations, it drives me nuts.
Simply, I don't bash other countries because I don't want them to bash mine.
If I say something negative about another country I make sure I have the
facts straight and I also point out flaws in my country---diplomacy!!! As
for whaling in Alaska I think it is done by Native American Indians. The
biggest whale killers are the Japanese. US doesn't do much whale fishing but
they do often infringe on the Canadian waters, which is a problem.
Generalizations about the US make me laugh. You would think we are all on
crack cocaine. The UN payment is a joke. We do supply the majority of the
field forces for it and remember back in 1990's in Kuwait the only soldiers
who din't receive the $10000 bonus from Kuwait for liberating them were US
soldiers. Why? Because our President said we aren't mercenairies and we
cannot accept this. As far as destroying the eco-system, China does as much
if not more pollution than the US does and all those heavy element deposits
from this pollution in China flow to the Northern European lakes and pollute
them. I could go on but I forgot about the 7-9% of Americans who can't read,
that is a problem.
One US Citizen who has lived abroad for a long time,
Darius Spano

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!