RE: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:56:43 +0200

Yeah, we have the same here in Norway. Some forgeiners have said that it has
gotten worse, since our last EU debate. As you may know Norway is not a
member of the EU, and probably never will be. Anyway in the last debate,
those opposed to us joining the Union used a fairly successfull strategy
based on nationalistic ideas.

In addition, we have had a high profiled gang war between groups of
pakistani ethnical origin, which hasn't made things easier for foreigners in
general. In addition, we have east eurpean mobsters setting up shop all over
Scandinavia dividing the teretory so to say. In Copenhagen they have spilt
the city into areas of intrest. The Russians are handeling prostitution,
Yugoslavs have the Drug bussiness, Asians illegal immigration and so on. So
I'm guessing it's not easy to be a hard working foreigner in Norway. U know
we have a shortage of engeneers in Norway, but have a lot of higly educated
foreigners that can't get desent jobs.

Nils