Re: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:25:45 +0100

> There are actually lots of good rock and heavy metal bands
> from the states. The newer bands all sound pretty much alike
> though. Some of the good bands which come to mind are Metallica,
> Megadeth, Pantera and lately Limp Bizkit.

They don't ALL sound alike. If you ignore the rubbish we get forcefed, the
yanks are putting out good records. This isn't the time or place to go into
this, but try the Relapse, Hydrahead, Neurot and Spitfire labels for some
more eclectic stuff. Relapse - death, grind, gore metal. Hydrahead - layered
walls of sound from Isis and grind from Discordance Axis plus I think some
hardcore stuff. Neurot handle Neurosis and Tribes of Neurot and other
ambient things. Spitfire have Crowbar (New Orleans sludge outfit) and
others. And the more mainstream - Corrosion of Conformity, Tool, Queens Of
The Stone Age, Monster Magnet. Some amazing stuff coming out of the US if
you look.

And don't forget the current surge of UK metal - earthtone 9, One Minute
Silence, Stampin Ground, Raging Speedhorn, Defenestration, Charger, Dukes Of
Nothing, Armour Of God, Medulla Nocte, Lostprophets, Akercocke, Miocene,
Vacant Stare, Sunna, Skindred, Onedice, Hangnail, Brutal Deluxe, Mogwai (not
metal, but certainly loud enough), Khang, Orange Goblin, Labrat...

I'm not a metal freak or anything...

Cheers,

Sammy Chaos. Barprop of Slaanesh and Bane of the Organised.