RE: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:23:10 +0200

> There is a general trend in Europe towards Americanization.
> We buy your products, we watch you TV programs and we even
> listen to your music.
>
> -->My condolences on being snookered into our TV and music.
> For the most
> part, it all sucks. Most of our really popular TV shows are
> rip offs of
> British shows, some even blatantly so. And I shudder at the
> thought of
> what pop music is like today in the US. Mommy, I'm scared by it.

There are actually lots of good rock and heavy metal bands
from the states. The newer bands all sound pretty much alike
though. Some of the good bands which come to mind are Metallica,
Megadeth, Pantera and lately Limp Bizkit.

> - Education. Lots of Americans cant even read, and most people
> seem to think that Europe is a country :)
>
> -->You mean the EU hasn't gotten around to making that
> official yet? 8)
> But alas, this comment is all too true....

:)

> btw: It is much easier to be invaded when your country actually
> borders to other countries which are rich and powerful. Do you
> worry much about the Canadians or the Mexicans invading your country?
> Oops, my bad, i guess they already are, coming over your borders
> an masse ;)
>
> -->Ever see the movie "Canadian Bacon"? The plot is that a
> US president
> is flagging badly in the polls, so he drums up a war with
> Canada. Funny
> movie. Besides, Canadians are just Yanks who are in denial.
> They will
> come around soon enough. As for Mexicans, at this point I'll
> trade them
> California for them declaring war on Taco bell. 8)

Havnt seen that one. Ive "talked" to a few Canadians on the net,
and they all seem to have french as their first language, and
"speak" english like a 7 yr old boy. Its a wonder they dont actually
learn to speak better english, being as close as they are to the
US. Fortunately, Taco Bell havnt spread their influence to our
country yet. Guess they'll have to compete with McDonalds and Burger
King for the worst "food" award :)