Re: Opinions wanted

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:55:44 -0000

Hi!

I dont have a problem with that, actually I dont it all the time. The
rational I use is that there are "x" amount of veterans and much less
suits of terminator armor to go around. So when a veteran company and
terminator company is fielded together actually all the veterans a
chapter has to offer are in battle, but only a few have terminator
armor.

I dont view it as cheese, its not much of an advantage since these
companies are expensive. They may be effective, but so is anything
else, you win or lose by tactics not this particular combination.

You dont really need much of a rational to field them both, the rules
dont prohibit it nor does the fluff say you cant have veterans in
power armor and terminator armor at the same time.

Peter

--- In netepic_at_y..., jyrki.saari_at_n... wrote:
> I have been developing my own Marine chapter (The Winter Lions) for
some
> time, and I would like to hear your opinions about one specific
thing.
> Namely, I have painted both the Terminator and Veteran company, and
even
> used them both in a particularly large game 10000+ points per side
back when
> I still had opponents. I lost that battle but the companies looked
great
> together, and I started to think about organization where both were
present.
> Obviously, this calls for some heavy restrictions on other troops,
so before
> yelling "CHEDDAR!" and loading your Inferno Cannon please read the
whole
> post.
>
> The rationale is that the Winter Lions are the latest space
marie
> chapter founded. They are stationed at a region bordering on the
wilds of
> the eastern fringe in the Imperial Borderlands, and have been
engaged in
> heavy pacification campaign against Orks and other things for most
of their
> existence. This constant (even by marine standards) battle has
created a
> large number of veterans, so the second company is the veteran
company,
> while the truly best are in the first company which is the
terminator
> company. Unfortunately the constant battle has also resulted in
heavy
> casualties leading to rapid replacement rates, and so both 9th and
10th
> companies are scout companies. Also, the Winter Lions are stretched
pretty
> thin and so each company must be capable of independent operations,
meaning
> that all of the 3rd through 8th companies are battle companies.
There are no
> assault, devastator or tactical companies in the chapter
organization. The