Re: [NetEpic ML] unballanced armies

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:25:29 +0100

> They have no infantry with good CAF. +2 at most, they have some +6 but
only one pr detachment, so almost every army can beat you in CC. If you want
to beat your opponent in CC you have to swarm him, which leads to my other
point.

Ummmm. Bikers with +4 CAF and a move of 30cm... Yeah, you can't storm
buildings, but that's what the mass of artillery and the berserkers in
rhinos are there to deal with.

> Few in numbers. This might sound odd as the companies are quite large. But
because of the low CAF you have to committ at least 2/3 of a company to gain
controll of an OP. As the companies are quite expencive I never controll
more than 3 in a 3k game.

I had 4 companies, 1 support and 1 special in 3k. I was outnumbered by the
marines, but outgunned and outfought them to a terrifying degree.

> Bad movability.

Bikes, trikes, gyrocopters. And the Overlords just keep going.

Cheers,

Sammy Chaos. Barprop of Slaanesh and Bane of the Organised.