Re: [NetEpic ML] Squat conversion

From: Ryan Lawson <kurmark_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 22:36:08 -0500

> Hi
>
> I really love those little guys with their big cannons, but I think that
this is somewhat over the top. I would say that 10bp -3 or -4 for
penetration mode and 8 bp -2 for high explosive mode would be sufficient.

> I have not seen the gun or the point cost but I know that I would have a
hard time convoncing my gaming group to let me use this unit.

> If its OK by your buddys, then theres no problem though!

Its barrel is a tad bit longer and wider than a Goliath mega-cannon. The
body is as long as the barrel. It will only have the big gun, few
autocannons and some bolters. Still haven't decided on void shields or a
power field like on the Ordinatus. 500 to 600 points sounds like the range
so far. The big gun has to be powerful to get the Gustav effect right
(massive impact craters). But I guess I might have been over the top.

Maybe:

Penetrator [10 BP] [-4 to save]
High explosive [10 BP] [no modifier] [12cm template]

My buddies are still writing up their Ork mega-zeppelin so maybe I should
wait until they have some rules for it and then go as far on mine as they do
with theirs.