[NetEpic ML] Re: Looking for a couple of magazines

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:25:10 -0000

Hi!

It comes down to what people are willing to abstract in a game they
play. I have the same reservations you state, a stand or marines
should not have the same armor as a armored vehicle since there is
obviously a difference between the two and there ARE differences is
weapons as well. Some argue that at that scale of conflict it doesn't
matter, but I think that is rubbish. Note games like spearhead which
represent games at a even larger scale perhaps than epic and they DO
make a difference between a King Tigers armor and a T-34, as well as
the difference between a '88 and 75mm guns. There are differences and
they have a battlefield effect. War is also about having the right
unit/weapon in the right place at the right time.

Too bad really, they had the right starting idea, but poor execution.
Then again what do you expect from rules that when created had no more
input than from a handful of "designers" who created it? Listeneing to
people AFTER the game is made and changing things doesn;t help much
since its the core mechanics that needed changing.

Peter
> What do you mean "probably"? If they had managed to produce a game
that good
> all of us would be playing it and there would be no need for Net
Epic. As