Heresy: Effects of faile Morale

From: Tim Speltz <tims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:03:22 -0400

This may be clear somewhere in the rules as written, but after looking
over them I can't seem to find the details.

on p.25 "A morale check is made by rolling ... .If failed, the unit
losses one or more levels of morale depending on the situation"

Then follows a list of Situations that require a morale check. Some of
them are mentioned before hand, e.g.
"3.Attempting to use Reaction Fire". For that situation it is clear that
failing the test won't reduce morale state. What about rolling morale
into assaults as in case 1(assaulting cover)? I'm assuming that a failed
test means it stands still and does not assault, similar to terror. How
about 3(assaulting/assaulted by titans?). Are these the same as terror?

Also, am I right in understanding that units on their own have no
command specific stands? A space marine unit seems to correspond roughly
to a modern platoon, correct? Their officers or what have you are
assumed to be somewhere amongst them, while it is only at the company
level and above that CoC is considered?

Thanks,

Tim
--