Re: [Epic] Reminiscing

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 17:34:29 -0500 (EST)

>>Also, in regards to the Imperator comment before, GW has
>>announced(somewhere)
>>that they will be toneing down titans in the next edition, and that
>>, supposedly, the imperator and mega-gargant class titans WILL NOT BE
>>released for it.
>
> -----> GAK!!!! I can live with a lot of changes (new infantry bases
>-really lookin forward to rebasing all those little guys ) but no
>Mega-Heavies? Ouch...That's gonna screw up me orks pretty good, and you
>can bety the Empire army in my box ain't too happy either...

I would be moderately surprised if this actually happened, since I don't
see GW eliminating high-cost models from it's inventory. They might
change the rules for them, leaving them less powerful but still in the
game, which would be fine with me. It's not that I think these units are
unbalanced, I just don't like high-cost, high-powered units in general.

Still, I'll hold off painting that second mega until the new rulez come
out...

I think you're the first person I've heard say to be actually *looking
forward* to rebasing his infantry ;) It was a rare flash of foresight
that caused me to glue my infantry with Elmers Glue (weak and water-
soluable), so rebasing my infantry will not be difficult. I can not
say I am actually looking forward to it.... ;) I am sure of one thing,
I won't be using permanent glue on the new bases either.

I wonder if epic40K will adopt the "you must shoot at the closest unit"
rule from 40K? Has anyone heard anything about this?

David