Re: [Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:13:09 +1000 (EST)

>To be fair though I will mention one possible advantage I see in the new
>choose your unit configuration system. It will require less boxes or packs
>of figures to field some things. For example, I seriously doubt that it
>will be possible to buy just terminator stands seperately in their own
>blister or box, but with this setup it could be possible to buy the 1st
>company of a space marine chapter and go half and half, terminators and
>normal marines. Before this was only possible with detachments. This might
>make it possible to field varying steps in the number of figures used. This
>possibility is only a guess, as I haven't seen anything to indicate how
>loose the "purchase your own unit setup" idea is going to be.

Of all the things that I have heard for the new system, the new packaging of
blisters and units is one of the things I strongly approve of. And the
reworking of the flyer rules to the DS2 fly by way. I was always annoyed
that it was possible for some land units to go faster then flyers. It'd be
great to build up say termies or say howling banshees, rather then buy heaps
of unwanted guardians again. I have so many normal marines and guardians
it's not funny.

>All right, blast away (oh ... this isn't one of the newsgroups ...)

>From what I've heard about the other lists we ae really nice, only bagging
people sometimes. And I can only remember one heated argument about the
doomweaver thing.

>Kevin Walker
>sage_at_...

                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment