Re: [Epic] Scenarios from WD 172 (Capture and Hold)

From: Perrin Haley <phaley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:49:08 -0800

>Sorry about the delay, but the Holidays were rather distracting...

I know what you mean (didn't get a *single* game of Epic played over vacation.)
<Grumble...>

>Tactics
>To all intents and purposes this is a normal Space Marine battle. As you
>can't damage buildings containing objectives, make good use of the
>fire-throwing weapons that ignore modifiers for cover. Those commanding
>Eldar armies should remember the trick I explained in White Dwarf 170.
>Whatever your army, it is a good idea to hold back a reserve of good close
>combat infantry should it become necessary to make a last ditch assault in
>the last turn.

Curious: What trick that was explained in White Dwarf 170? (I play Eldar;
Surprise!)

>Stay tuned for the final episode... Breakout! (as featured in WD ???)

I look forward to it, and no, I don't which WD it was featured in.
Thanks for posting this; I think I'll suggest to my group that we try it.

>Tony Christney
>acc_at_...

        Perrin