RE: [Epic] Bad Choas Force (was: What scares me about Epic 40K)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 02:00:21 GMT

At 01:41 PM 10/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> From: Keith Zanardi <xenofobe_at_...>
>>
>> No, he fired the Barrage Missile launchers and DS heads turn one.
>> He got like 35+ templates (a little better than average) which
>> wiped out my artillery co. and a Shadow sword. turn 2 (it had
>> to have been 2 turns sorry guys.) I don't think he fired every
>> weapon on the titans on turn one. Anyway on turn 2
>> he opened up with 12 Plasma Destructor shots and finished off
>> all of my Super heavies the remnants of the Artillery Co.
>> I figured it was all over (I am going from memory as it's been a
>> while) at the end of turn one anyway. Not trying to be a pesimist,
>> but hey, 75 Bloodletters were comming for me so I figured I was
>> being more of a realist. As far as I know I don't think he moved
>> the titans at all.
>>
>> Keith
>>
>> Ps Every model was WISIWIG!
>
> Now this is the _really_ scary part. This guy actually
>had 75 bloodletters??? 2 LoBs with 2x deathstorms each? (that
>would take a little work, since deathstorms are only made for the
>left? arm). That boy's got some problems.
>
> Well, for the time being, at least, Epic powergamers
>seem to be few and far between. The closest thing I ever saw
>was an Eldar player with 16 Firestorms, which wasn't really cheesy,

It wasn't?!? What, exactly, would be "cheesy"? We figure that more than
three of anything is probably being "cheesy".

>it was just damn annoying and not the sort of thing you expect
>to come across. Say 'bye-bye' to those Marines in rhinos...
>
> So what horrid army lists have other people come across?

Well, there's still the dreaded 28 Shok Attak Gunz...

Also Ghazkul Thrakka and an army full of bike boyz and Nobz warbikes was a
bit of a surprise once... (Luckily, we had a couple of Wave Serpents lined
up on some heavy enemy concentrations in turn 1 and we managed to hold back
the advance by an extra turn so that we had time to shoot them up!)

Agro