Re: [Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 02:06:54 GMT

At 11:58 AM 10/1/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Keith Zanardi wrote:
>>
>> I know what you mean. When I first started playing Epic everyone
>> said that I caught on quick and soon could hold my own with the best
>> of them. Then the group decided that I should play against the
>> undefeated player. No one had ever beaten him in Epic. I said sure.
>> He played Chaos which I never played against. I welcomed the change.
>> (I played IG) His standard list contains the following:
>>
>> 3 Warlord Titans each with Fire Control Towers, Plasma Destructors,
>> 2 Barrage Missiles, and a Deathstrike Cannon head. Oh, and 2
>> Carapace multi-lasers. (Note, this group was doing Battle Groups
>> at 3 Warlords for 1800pts. at that time)
>>
>> 2 Lord of Battles each with 2 Deathstorm Launchers
>>
>> 1 Bloodthirster
>>
>> 15 Detachments of Bloodletters
>>
>> 1 Co. Chaos Marines
>>
>> 3 Thunderhawk Gunships
>>
>> Total 6000pts.
>>
>> Well anyway, when I fired at those Bloodletters I was surprised to
>> find out that they regenerated 50% of the time. Not to mention the
>> 6 Barrage Missile Launchers and DS cannon shots on turn one.
>> Followed up by 12 Plasma Destructor shots, TH's in MY artillery
>> (what was left) and 75 Bloodletters hell, their CAF is what? +5?
>> It was a lesson in true futility. My first game with him was over
>> turn one.
>>
>> I thought you folks would get a kick out of this Chaos army list.
>> Anyone out there think they could beat it? I know I can't.
>>
>> Keith
>>

>Isn't this illegal, where are the greater demons? You have to have 1
>greater demon card for each of the 5 bloodletters, and everything else.
>
>ICPW
>
>Later
>john

Actually its fine! (If you let Chaos have Titan Battle Groups, which a fair
number of gaming circles seem to do...)

The Lord of Battles is a Greater Daemon, thus there are three greater
daemons, with 5 units of Bloodletters each. WD (or maybe Cit Journal)
brought out the Blood Slaughterers Legion which is a legion of chaos space
marines which does not require a Primarch. This is where tthe three THawks
would slot in.

The fact is, he has at least two support slots free, and probably five more
free (from the Titan Battle Group).

Agro