[Epic] (no subject)

From: peter ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 21:05:48 +0000

Greetings
I am new to this forum and I have quite lively so far. I have played
epic since its inception almost 9 years ago (God has it been that long!)
and I have gathered quite a large collection of figures from all armies
totalling over 200,000 pts worth. This means of course that I am mad as
hell with this so called Epic 40k. Quite frankly even if the rules turn
out ok I doom it to failure on two counts. First, this rubbish about
changing the bases virtually obligate me or any other gamer of many
years and large collections not play the new system. The investment of
time and money are just to great and quite frankly I am unwilling to
support a company that is prepared to shaft us the big one in the hopes
of making more profit, especially when it is obvious that they are
ignoring the opinions of the majority. Secondly, the elimination of the
army cards make for those who are lactose intolerant ( like I vehemently
am)ready for the deluge of extra-cheese armies that will no doubt hit
the gaming table. I am afraid that the only possibility for us is to
continue to play the old game and cannabilize anything worthwhile from
the system. Now, my question to you all is there any way to express our
opinions to those who are actually designing this game or are they all
hiding from our justified wrath. If anybody knows a way do not be silent
I think for all the cash we have given GW we have a right to be heard!

Peter, a very pist off veteran epic player.