Re: [Epic] Creating new version of Epic

From: <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:32:03 +1000 (EST)

>If Epic97 turns out as cruddy as everyone fears and the pessimists turn out
>to be right, we could make our own set of rules for Epic, the "net version"
>of Epic 40k. Between the Titan Legion Edition rules, Epic 40k rules, and
>all of our house rules, we could create a uniform mix that captures
>(hopefully) the best parts of each.

Not so much a flame here Michael as an observation. There is a fundamental
problem here with your (what I think is a) great idea: copyright. And GW is
a stickler for it from what I've heard too. If you take a bastardised
version of all the Epics and make a rules set out of them, then GW is likely
to come along and say "Hey, that's ours" and sue the pants off whoever
belongs to it. I think the idea has merit (it should be playtested
however), but is ruined by what I see as this one big flaw.

-Kelvin.....

  "Time passed, which, basically, is its job."
          email: kx.henderson_at_...