[Epic] Creating new version of Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 21:10:49 -0800

If Epic97 turns out as cruddy as everyone fears and the pessimists turn out
to be right, we could make our own set of rules for Epic, the "net version"
of Epic 40k. Between the Titan Legion Edition rules, Epic 40k rules, and
all of our house rules, we could create a uniform mix that captures
(hopefully) the best parts of each. This could lend a certain
"officialness" to the rules in that between all of us and our gaming groups
we could get a pretty substantial number of people playing it and there is
strength (and that elusive official feeling, such as that which the Q&As
have) in numbers. If we were to post it to the net as an alternative method
of playing or have it run at conventions alongside tables of the standard
system (I think there are a few on the list who run booths and tables at
conventions), it could actually begin to spread outside of just our gaming
circles and us. Of course, this is all hypothetical, as we don't know that
the new version is going to suck yet (we're just pretty sure :P)

Flame away!
Michael of House Liu

PS In any case, I know I'm not going to be playing strictly by the printed
Epic40k rules, even if I do buy the boxed set, but I figure it would be
pretty cool if I could be playing even a semi-official version of the game :)