Re: [Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:13:24 -0500 (EST)

Simon Dodds <c9415355_at_...> writes:
> Looking at the Journal on Chaos Titans, there were Chaos Titan Legions but
> they could only be purchased as Minions (1 Legion = 1 Minion Card) for the
> Daemon Titans stated in the Journals (Bubonis - nurgle Skylok - tzeentch)
> who act as GDs with a couple of special rules

        Has anyone lost a game when using Bubonis or lost Bubonis,
more importantly? Isn't it the Imperator titan that can save itself
using chaos cards? I'm still at a loss on how to beat something with
12 void shields, great armor saves, a 2+ psychic save, a large CAF,
and the ability to ignore multiple armor penetrations, and costs the
same as a normal Imperator. At least Tyranids will rack up wounds
when you smack them around. :( I don't know how I'd fight the thing
without sending a few Doom Anvil squadrons against it.

Mark

        About the Chaos army posted earlier, he doesn't seem to have
much armor penetration except for Plasma Destructors and Barrage
Missiles. I'd have to fight cheese with cheese, but a Warlord BG
armed with 10 Warp missiles should take care of his Titans, LOBs, and
GDs, and a couple of barrage missiles to try to stop the Deathstrikes
before they fire, while sending 5 detachments of Imperial fliers to
deal with his Bloodletters. I don't know how much that would cost,
but I suspect I could field two companies like that. Ideally, the
warp missiles will take out some warlords before they get to fire, so
the plasma destructors don't finish stripping void shields before the
warlords fire.