[Epic] Titan inferiority

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 17:38:01 -0800

At 02:14 PM 1/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Yeah, Imperator's got too few guns. It's too easy to kill him, unless
>you've got the Chaos "crap for guns" affliction.

Y'know, despite everyone bashing on Titans on the list, I like them a lot,
and they can be extraordinarily powerful if well played. Against the
Tyranids, an Imperator loaded with Terminators on the inside can be Death
Incarnated, since effectively all the Tyranid vehicles and Titans will be
useless, as they all have cruddy weapons and it automatically beats
non-Titans in CC and would trounce Tyranid Titans in close combat too (for
the most part, barring extreme circumstances). With a few detachments of
Devastators up top (keeping the Terminators in the bastions to defend them
from infantry CC) the firepower on that thing can be really astronomical.
If it ignored the vehicles and titans in the beginning and just went gunning
for the infantry, it could see the most major threat to it (boarding
actions) eliminated, and then it could pick off the rest at its leisure,
starting with vehicles that hit well, then vehicles with high save mods, etc
etc.

Of course, this is all theoretical. :P (but I _bet_ it would work!)

Michael who is a bearer of the Liu name