Re: [Epic] Creating new version of Epic

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:16:16 -0600

>> > A Colossus costs the same as a Reaver, so...
>> >
>> > The Colossus has [snip]
>> >
>> > To me this adds up to a unit with at least 6 titan weapon slots, with 6
>> > void shields and a 1+ save all round that always first fires.

Imho, this isnot a valid comparison under any circumstances. Different
forces get different strengths. If a comparison you have to consider that
the Reaver titan is more versatile, it can be bought as a battle group, and
can be supported by uniquely marine-y things, like T-hawks.

If your gonna whine about this, then as an Eldar player I want to complain
that falcons are 50 pts/model, the same as thunderhawks, have half the
firepower (the longer range is irrelevant when the speed of the t-hawk is
considered), can be engaged in hand to hand while the t-hawk cannot, can be
fired at by units not on first fire, and can only carry 2 stands, instead of 6.

If you want to make comparisons, stay within the same force, like why would
anyone take steads of slaanesh vs. marine bikes.

Stop your whining

Love and laughs,
Tempest