Re: [Epic] Creating new version of Epic

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 15 Jan 1997 13:24 EST

In message "[Epic] Creating new version of Epic", you write:

> >At 04:52 AM 15/1/97 +0200, you wrote:
> (snip)
> >As to comparing Squat SHV's to titans, lets do that!
> (snip)
> >What do other people think?
> >
> >Agro
>
> SHV's can only fail their save or lose in CC once. I've had my warhounds
> take 5 or more armor penatrations and still be standing. Vibro Cannon,
> Warp Missle, Shock Attack Guns, all ignore void shields (you get a psycic
> save vs. some). A hit on a Titian still has to scatter and roll on the
> crit. chart to see if it evan has an effect, SHV's fail thier save they go
> boom. Lots of guns yes but very fragile. And rember for 1000 pts. I can
> get three reavers to your two Colossus'.
>
> Thomas

Remember that, if you fail an armour save on a location that has already been
damaged and you roll that level or lower again, the damage result automatically
gets bumped up one level; that is, the second damage roll is NOT ignored. This
is according to Allen's Q&As, and is not mentioned specifically in the rules,
but it seems to me to be a good "almost official" rule. This should cut down
on the number of armour penetrations those Warhounds can take and still live
(unless they're being hit all over the chart).

Nevertheless, I'd have to agree that, assuming anti-hard-target weaponry on the
Reavers, in a contest between 3 Reavers and 2 Colossi, the last one standing
would probably be a Reaver.