Re: [Epic] Titan Legions

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 20:46:51 -0800

[snip]

>>So when we so the price for Titan Legions we decided not
>>to purchase it. However, after reading this mailling list I'm having
>>second thoughts. There have been some rules attributed to Titan Legions.
>>We're specifically local for rule errata and additions that effect
>>non-titans.

One thing that was sort of added-in-but-not-noticed made a huge difference
in our games...That units had to take the shortest route possible to enter
close combat, and that it is not possible to attack your enemy on all sides,
(unless you have him surrounded). Another big change was the inability of
weapons with no save modifier to take down void shields/power fields.
There were also substantial changes to the pinning rules. Now anything not
pinned in close combat, but is still in close combat, can fire out of close
combat, ie. skimmers, titans, etc.

Oh, and I almost forgot, there is now an almost universally despised and
very poorly thought out psychic phase before first fire. This is the first
thing that the people I game with agreed to completely ignore. It just
causes way too many arguments.

>Can't you borrow a copy from someone and take a peek?
>

>> So I was wondering if it's worth the price (provided we can
>>even find it.) We're not interested in paying big bucks just for a model
>>as large as my cat!
>
>Actually, I always found the Impirator to be disapointingly small...

No, I would say that it isn't really worth the cost, and it could be quite
hard to get anyway. I'll take a closer look at the two and email you privatley.

>>Thanks, and good gaming to all.
>>
>>Mike
>
>I guess the bottom line is, if no one in your group has it, you aren't
>really missing a whole lot. The game was probably better before Titan
>Legions was printed anyway.
>
>Agro

Tony Christney
acc_at_...