[Epic] Re:

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:30:02 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 16-Jan-97 by Brett Hollindale_at_powerup
> Hmmm.
>
> There seem to be quite a few consciencious objectors to the premise that
> Squat Super Heavies (and Colossi in particular) cheese all over the humble
> Imperial Reaver Titan.

Ye'd be correct.

> It would be fair to say that if there is no defence against a warp or vortex
> missile then the Reavers are most definitely better value for money. If,
> however, you get a void shield saving throw (as I am pretty sure you do)
> then two Colossi should take down three Reavers while losing only one of
> their number.

And I'm just as sure you don't. While the Warp missile vs. void shield
arguement is something of an "immoveable object vs. unstoppable force"
arguement, there are a few things in favor of the side that Warp
missiles ignore void shields:

1) The Q&A page: