Re: [Epic] Nukes in Epic universe

From: Mike Fuller <mfuller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:20:45 -0500

>I realize that this isn't a sci-fi mailing list, but I thought that,
>in light of the Heinlein comments drifting around, that I would make a
>brief note of how indebted we Epic players (or at least we Marine
>players) are to Heinlein. If you like science fiction, or can at
>least stand it, read Starship Troopers. As far as I know, this is the
>first occurence of powered armor or drop pods in sci-fi. Plus you
>have your archetypical alien bug race, complete with hive mind.
>(Tyranids, anyone?) Besides, it's a cool book. (It even includes the
>use of infantry-carried mini-nukes!)
>
>Seth Ben-Ezra
>Great Wolf

        This discussion brings back memories. Has anyone else played the
game Starship Troopers? It was my first "grown up" strategy game.
Michael Fuller
Indiana Higher Education Telecommunication System
957 W. Michigan Street PHONE:(317)263-8977 Fax: (317)263-8831
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5184 Email: mfuller_at_...