Re: [Epic] Problems with the old system

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 00:56:40 GMT

At 06:30 PM 18/1/97 +0100, you wrote:
>My experience says that the one that gains initiative has a big advantage
>(especially in the first turn).When I play Eldar, If I win initiative on the
>first turn, I will probably seize almost all objectives in the first turn.On
>a 1.2 m table, the majority of the objective counters are between 50 cm and
>70 from my table edge (thus between 30 cm and 50 cm from my front line),
>what is good inside my skimmers range (jetbikes/vypers have a 35 cm mvmt
>range) .
>I recon that we play with a house rule where a skimmer may seize an
>objective on a building.

If you're the closest unit in the end phase, sure you can claim an objective
in a building. But skimmers cannot ENTER buildings so it's certainly
possible for infantry to get closer to the objective than you can...

What do people think about the fact that skimer bikes can't enter forrest?
Hasn't anyone seen Return of the Jedi? :-)

Agro