Re: [Epic] Phoenix Lords in CJ

From: John A Chapman <jac_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 17:57:52 +1100 (EST)

> >Not very clear (typical of CJ writeups ;P) but rereading the stuff again, I
> >have the impression that it refers to the 2d6 Jain Zar rolls. Scary isn't it
> >? More than 55% she will butcher her enemy without so much of "by your
> >leave". Personification of HtH butcher.
>
> How do you figure? With 2d6, she'll have 2 1/6 chances of auto-killing, or
> 2 5/6 chances of not. Multiplied out that'll make 25/36 chance of not auto
> killing, or, translated to easier numbers, a little over 30% chance to
> autokill. (though don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she isn't a HtH butcher
> or anything, just pointing out some inconsistencies is in your math ;) )
> Now just image her after first throwing in a squad of Banshees at the enemy!
> With 5d6 to roll, she'll only have a little worse than a .5% chance of not
> autokilling! Yowzers!
>
> Michael who is known as a Liu

        I think the suggestion was if she rolls above 6 on her CC dice
eg 7,8,9,10,11,12 (>55% chance) that its an auto kill. However that
interpretation of the rules ( I havent seen the exact rules so I cant be sure,
and hey if someone at GW wants something to act in a certain way we all know
that the written rules dont mean much......) is a bit harsh especially
if we condsider her getting extra dice due to help from her wind-rider,guardian,
aspect warrior etc etc etc buddies. That would make her pretty disgusting -
worse that Ragnar, worse than chaos armies consisting of only primarchs,chaos
marine legions, tarantulas, thunderhawks,trolls&minotaurs. Maybe Im wrong
about what is being implied here. Rolling 2d6 and auto-killing with a 6 on
either would be a lot fairer (But I hope its not screwed over like the standard
banshee ability - wrecked by ANY save - come on we all know 6+ is worthless
why didnt they just make it a +1 save (ie 6+ for no save, 2+ and better cant
be hurt - it would have been much better (and fairer) than the current
screwing-over).*END of OFF TOPIC RANT*
                                                JAC