Re: [Epic] Phoenix Lords in CJ

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:27:11 -0800

>Not very clear (typical of CJ writeups ;P) but rereading the stuff again, I
>have the impression that it refers to the 2d6 Jain Zar rolls. Scary isn't it
>? More than 55% she will butcher her enemy without so much of "by your
>leave". Personification of HtH butcher.

How do you figure? With 2d6, she'll have 2 1/6 chances of auto-killing, or
2 5/6 chances of not. Multiplied out that'll make 25/36 chance of not auto
killing, or, translated to easier numbers, a little over 30% chance to
autokill. (though don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she isn't a HtH butcher
or anything, just pointing out some inconsistencies is in your math ;) )
Now just image her after first throwing in a squad of Banshees at the enemy!
With 5d6 to roll, she'll only have a little worse than a .5% chance of not
autokilling! Yowzers!

Michael who is known as a Liu