Re: [Epic] Problems with the old system

From: John A Chapman <jac_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:31:32 +1100 (EST)

> At 20:39 01/18/1997 -0500, you wrote:
> >Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...> writes:
> >> What do people think about the fact that skimer bikes can't enter forrest?
> >> Hasn't anyone seen Return of the Jedi? :-)
> >
> > Our house rules are currently something along the lines of:
> >
> >1) Go over the forest. No penalties for movement. Must end movement
> >on passable terrain.
> >
> >2) Go through the forest. No penalties for movement, crash into a
> >tree on a 4+. I think we had considered other rules for moving slowly
> >through a forest, but it was too much effort. Basically, it was
> >agreed upon that it should possible, and very dangerous. My jetbikes
> >have never been desperate enough to have to try it, so it hasn't been
> >a problem.
>
> We always let skimmers stop over impassable terrain. Of course, if you are
> above tree top level lots of people can see you . . .
>
> Temp

        Hasnt anyone ever noticed that its really strange that if skimmers
end the turn over impassable terrain they have to land (ie crash - even when a
normal unit wouldnt have a problem ie difficult terrain - they still crash)
yet if involved in close combat they , amazingly are still suspended high
in the air so that anyone can shoot at them (ie CC). What do they do-
intentionally
dive into the ground in a suicidal frenzy at the end of the turn? Reaeeeeel a:
convenient b: inconsistent.
        I like the 'stop over impassable terrain ' house rule.
                                                        JAC