Re: [Epic] Problems with the old system

From: John A Chapman <jac_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 11:08:21 +1100 (EST)

> John A Chapman wrote:
> >
> I would guess that skimmers are capable of increasing there output
> breifly to jump obstacles, but can't sustain it for an extended period.
> Perhaps like a basketball player that can jump to dunk the ball, but
> can't hang in the air around the basket indefinitely. They draw the line
> between skimmers and flyers here. Skimmers make popup attacks. That
> sounds like they have an abrupt rise and fall in the tactic.

        Thats cool but since they have to drop down youd have to guess that
they would no longer be hanging up in the air so everyone can shoot at them
when theyre engaged in close combat (and if theyre that high how come
infantry - for example - that theyre CCing arent LOW enough below the skimmers
to also be shot at?). But if they do remain a few feet off the ground youd think
 that ending the turn over rubble or craters wouldnt be fatal (maybe even over
water - heck even inches above the surface and theyd be fine). My main gripe
is just the inconsistent physics of the situation, it seems GW tried to screw
them over two ways, leading to my problems of inconsistancy. Maybe it was for
game balance purposes but it doesnt have to mean that I like it.....
                                                        JAC