Re: Colossus' Gyrocopter (was Re: [Epic] Biker boys)

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 03:39:37 -0800

>Excerpts from Epic: 21-Jan-97 Re: [Epic] Biker boys by DAVID C
>LADO_at_....U > On the topic of command units, someone posted that
>the gyrocoptor that
>> comes with the colossus is not a command unit. I am pretty sure that
>> this is wrong. I remember going through this controversy with a friend
>> of mine and finding that it says in the description of the unit and on
>> the stats chart that it is a command unit.
>
>The exact quote is:
>"The recon gyrocopter counts as a commmand unit for the purposes of
>orders, movement etc, in all other respects its identical to an Iron
>Eagle Gyrocopter." It never gets any mention on any charts, the entry
>for the Colossus simply notes that a Colossus has a recon gyrocopter.
>
>While I supposed the "etc" might be the 'no shoot-at' rule, we've never
>played it that way. Basically, we've always treated it like the
>Colossus: move & FF, doesn't check morale, but can be shot at without
>trouble.
>
> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...
> Squat Leader, Den'Len Fetch

Hmm, I would be inclined to treat them as a command unit for all
purposes, just to keep the rules for command units consistent (with
the exception of Greater Demons, of course :-(, although after the
release of Hive War and the clarification that you can screen Doms
this seems dumb, IMO).

Tony Christney
acc_at_...