Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:30:57 +0000

> It seems to me that most of us call cheesy anything in an opponents army
> that is hard to destroy.
>
> Be it the eldar doomweaver. Which as an eldar player I find next to use
> less. Or the squat super heavy vehicles etc... I have to agrre with
> the person that said that every army has it's strengths and weakness .
> So to win we have to get beyond that cry of cheese and get into
> exploting those weaknesses.
>
> Later
> John

I'm glad to find someone else with the same opinion of Doomweavers.
Since subscribing to the list I've been astounded at the number of
refrences to Doomweavers as cheesy. As an Elder player I rarely
field them, as the usually proove next to useless.

On the subject of cheese in general, I think that players should look
at the cheese from the other players point of view a bit more. In my
experience it is just as annoying trying to play with a *potentially*
destructive unit, as it is against it. This is because your opponant
spends so much effort trying to counter your threat that you rarely
get a chance to use it to its full potential.

I'd go so far as to say that there are no cheesy units in the game,
only cheesy combinations ( such as the much maligned overlord company
in small battles). As long as players don't try to abuse the spirit
of the game, I have to agree that all the armies are pretty well balanced.

Colin P
9404237p_at_...