Re: [Epic] Psychic Phase [was: Re: Titan Legions]

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 22 Jan 1997 10:12 EST

> > I still think that one d6+4 barrage points (average 7 or 8) save at -3
> > IGNORING cover for 150pts is cheaper AND better than one 9pt barrage save at
> > -3 for 200 pts. The all your eggs in the one basket point is a good one,
>
> Sure it's cheaper, but i fail to see how it's better the IG one will hit
> on a 2+ with a -3 save or you can split them up right? With the goliath
> you can't and most people speread stuff out as best they can so it's often
> not worth taking for one big shot.

I've never seen anywhere in the rules where it says you can split up your
barrage templates from a battery of artillery; in fact it says under the
rules for barrages that they are supposed to add together in one template.
If you can point out a specific rule that says you can split them up, fine,
but otherwise I think you're going against the rules here. (Unless you make
up a house rule...)

Cameron Bentsen, Ottawa