RE: [Epic] Blast markers on titans

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:10:18 -0500

> -----> Yep, Definite 40K bleed-over. As for whacking people
> with errata, I've done it for Star Fleet Battles, and that makes
> our little piddly questions looks simple. ASL ain't far behind
> either.
>
> "WHAAAAAAAAAT IS THE RULE SECTION AND NUMBER
> FOR INVOLUNTARY DECLOAKING CAUSED UNDER
> ENERGY BALANCE DUE TO DAMAGE IF I AM HIT BY
> A LARGE EXPLOSIVE MINE AND WHAT WOULD THE
> ADDITIONAL EFFECTS BE THEREOF IF I WAS OPERATING IN
> A NEBULA USING SUB-LIGHT EVASION WITH A LEGENDARY
> HELMSMAN ?!!! WELL? WHAT IS IT? WHAT WHAT WHAT!"
>
> It could be much worse.
>
> Chris Miller

The beauty of the Star Fleet system is that there *will* be a rule for this.
The rule will even be in the standard rule book where everyone can find
it. It will be listed as a cross reference with all the related rules.
Hell, it'll probably even be in the INDEX.

Try finding any guidance from GW for any situation half as complicated
as this (yet quite likely to occur in a real game.) "Ummmmm..... we
dunno. Just have each player roll a d6 and the high roller wins the
game."

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.