Re: [Epic] SM/TL Chaos units

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:17:46 +0200 (MET DST)

At 04:47 PM 29/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>OK, two things:
>
>Scott mentioned in another thread how he likes Horrors.
>Those things drive me bonkers with that damn "split"
>rule. Doomweavers? Close Combat? Vortexes?
>Death Rollers? How did people resolve the interactions
>of these goofy daemons with the effect that killed them?
>The only clear situation I see is:
> I shoot them at .01cm or more - they split.
>
>How about the rest of them?
>(Regenerators can do some weird things too-
>feel free to throw them in also)
>
>Also, void shields give units a psychic save when
>they're up. Some units have a built-in Psychic
>save. Is there any difference in them?
>
>What about Shokk attack guns?
>
>Unit w/psychic save hit by SAG -
>Save applicable? or not?
>

>Chris Miller

Do you want answers to these or are they rhetoric?

I ask because the whole "conflicting rules" thing about Epic 2nd Edition is
a beat up in my opinion. (In case of cultural divergence here I will
explain that a "beat up" is when the someone makes a huge issue out of
something that isn't important - like "making a mountain out of a mole hill"
except worse, because ther wasn't even a molehill of an issue...)

In my opinion there are huge sections of the rules that ARE NOT SENSIBLE,
but there are actualy no "conflicting rules" whatsoever...

Agro