Re: [Epic] SM/TL Chaos units

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:42:35 -0400

>OK, two things:
>
>Scott mentioned in another thread how he likes Horrors.
>Those things drive me bonkers with that damn "split"
>rule. Doomweavers? Close Combat? Vortexes?
>Death Rollers? How did people resolve the interactions
>of these goofy daemons with the effect that killed them?
>The only clear situation I see is:
> I shoot them at .01cm or more - they split.
>
>How about the rest of them?
>(Regenerators can do some weird things too-
>feel free to throw them in also)
>
>Also, void shields give units a psychic save when
>they're up. Some units have a built-in Psychic
>save. Is there any difference in them?
>
>What about Shokk attack guns?
>
>Unit w/psychic save hit by SAG -
>Save applicable? or not?

Apparantly, a psychic save _does_ make you immune to being bitten
by snotlings... The SAG is a warp weapon so psychic saves apply,
though void/power field saves don't. On the up side, being bitten
by a snotling is apparently such a horrible wound that all the
powers of the warp can't save a daemon prince from death (can't
use chaos cards against it).

The Horrors have never been settled (what happens if a horror loses
CC?). It's stuff like this that makes SM/TL "more fun" than e40k ;).

David