RE: [Epic] Blast markers on titans

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:14:52 -0500

------> And hopefully, you will never need to...

>Yeah, but arguing the fine points of rules in SFB _usually_ dosen't
>involve having to teach your opponent how to read. SFB has such a high
>level of complexity if played with all options, that the atmosphere is
>pretty rarified, and the players who can't take it, stopped playing after
>a couple tries at "cadet" level.
>
>--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
>"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune

------> But a lot of the ones who stayed will pull rules with the best
of
them, and it turns into a debate like two people in law school:

"Rule A13.675 says if I do this, this happens"

"but rule R12.275 says when Klingons board a Tholian
after Y175 then this applies also"

30 min to move everybody, 30 min to tell each other
why what they did was illegal...

>Double AAAAAaaaaagggggghhhhh...
> i actually know the answer to that one. I need to go get my brain
>degaussed!!!
>
> That Chuk Guy

>OK, now I'm scared. I understand this question. I'm going to go
>quiver under my desk and re-think my life. If I have one.
>John

Lots of SFB players on the list...is that a sign we like the simple
stuff more? I mean, the rule book for E40K is what, 48 Pages?
I think the "R" section with the Federation's ship details is
longer than that...
        What game have you racked up more hours on in, say
the last year?
The Captain's Edition SFB is the best & most organized, and
I've spent less time with it by far than the older versions. I've
also spent more time on SM/TL.

Chris Miller