Re: [Epic] SM/TL Chaos units

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:18:14 -0400

Miller, Chris wrote:

> -----> Horrors lose CC with my Marine Captain (for example),
> go down. End phase, put down 2 blues. Is my Cap pinned?

        Yeah. The Blues replace the Pink. The pink was in
base-to-base contact with your stand, thus so are the blues
(unless you're using some odd definition of 'replace').

> Vortex missile hits a unit of Horrors - Do they split, or do
> they just go away?

        They effectively go away - pink dies, is replaced
"immeadiately" (according to Renegades) with the blues, blues
die. No room for confusion there.

> What if we have a very cluttered close combat and there is not
> enough room to physically place two stands where one used
> to be? Does somebody move? Does one just go away?

        I don't see why one would go away. Just make
room for the new guy. Sheesh.

> What if there's another marine unit especially close to him
> - can one of the new stands be placed so as to already be
> in CC with a unit that wasn't in CC before?
>
> I think it's a matter of how you can place them
> - do they have to be in base to base with each other?

        So all you have to do is make a single house
rule governing the placement of the Blues. I've always
played it that the Blues end up side-by-side, with their
bases touching where the center of the Pink's stand was
(roughly):

        +-----+ +-----+-----+
        |Pink | |Blue |Blue |
        +-----+ becomes: +--+--+--+--+
        |Capt | |Capt |

If they end up in base contact with other units because
of that, so be it. But trying delibertly to pin other
stands with the blues is pretty poor gamesmanship, IMHO.

        But with this one house rule (since GW was mostly
unclear about where the Blues go), any and all problems
are cleared up.

Scott
shupes_at_...