RE: [Epic] SM/TL Chaos units

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:56:08 -0500

>----------Miller, Chris wrote:
>>
>> -----> Horrors lose CC with my Marine Captain (for example),
>> go down. End phase, put down 2 blues. Is my Cap pinned?
>
> Yeah. The Blues replace the Pink. The pink was in
>base-to-base contact with your stand, thus so are the blues
>(unless you're using some odd definition of 'replace').

----> As far as 'replace'. there's nothing inherent that defines this.
 I agree 1 needs to go where Pinky was , but the second one is
kinda out there, like this:
O=original horror placement
X=Captain
N=new horror
                           XON

I think I like the suggestion about treating it like regeneration.
Down til end of turn, then the new ones come in.

>> Vortex missile hits a unit of Horrors - Do they split, or do
>> they just go away?
>
> They effectively go away - pink dies, is replaced
>"immeadiately" (according to Renegades) with the blues, blues
>die. No room for confusion there.
-----> how bout doomweaver's - do they die, or do you do the Q&A
regeneration thing and move'em to the edge after they split?

>> What if we have a very cluttered close combat and there is not
>> enough room to physically place two stands where one used
>> to be? Does somebody move? Does one just go away?
>
> I don't see why one would go away. Just make
>room for the new guy. Sheesh.

-----> Can't move mini's for any other reason - why this?
I can place stands deliberately near each other to keep someone
from moving between them and getting to something on the other
side, and you can't move them - why in this case?
( And does that mean I can scoot your arty units over
to squeeze in more of my assault marines?)

>> What if there's another marine unit especially close to him
>> - can one of the new stands be placed so as to already be
>> in CC with a unit that wasn't in CC before?
>>
>> I think it's a matter of how you can place them
>> - do they have to be in base to base with each other?
>
> So all you have to do is make a single house
>rule governing the placement of the Blues. I've always
>played it that the Blues end up side-by-side, with their
>bases touching where the center of the Pink's stand was
>(roughly):
>
> +-----+ +-----+-----+
> |Pink | |Blue |Blue |
> +-----+ becomes: +--+--+--+--+
> |Capt | |Capt |
> +-----+ +-----+
>
>If they end up in base contact with other units because
>of that, so be it. But trying delibertly to pin other
>stands with the blues is pretty poor gamesmanship, IMHO.
>
> But with this one house rule (since GW was mostly
>unclear about where the Blues go), any and all problems
>are cleared up.
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

-----> This is probably the best way, and isn't too far from what we've
been
doing (first one replaces original pink, 2nd one goes wherever it fits
as long
as it's base-to-base with the first horror).

(and Agro, feel free to add your $.02 in here. OK, it's not a "conflict"
with any other rule, but it's interactions with other rules are
undefined.
What do you do ?)

Chris Miller