[Epic] War Engine Fest Titans and tiatns (long)

From: Felipe Cintron <maelstorm1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:36:40 -0600

Yes we were really bored and decided to try out just titans and war
engines to see just exactly how it works... here you go:

we played lengthwise with about 120 cm between both forces.

the attackers consisted of :

3 Warhounds
1 Baneblade\
3 Shadowswords all in same det with baneblade
2 Cyclopse cannons (Citadel Journal Squats)
2 Colossuses
4 Warlord titans
1 Emperor titan
1 Adeptus mechaninucs (one with d6 disrupts)
3 Reaver titans

Defending with a mountain range was:

2 Warhounds
1 Bane Blade
1 Shadowsword
4 colosuses
1 Emperor titan
4 warlord titans
1 Cyclopse
1 Reaver titan

now.. what transpired

Turn 1:

the attackers moved into positions to force defenders to shoot thru gaps
between mountains
thou this proved those titan artillery weps sill able to fire we found
that they rarely dropped any shields..

The defender's colosus opened and nearly killed one of the warhounds.
the return fire from the 3 reavers and 2 warhounds sent the cyclopse
packing but not befroe 2 of the warlords gutted the first warhound and
started on the second

on the opposite side of the battle the Attacker's Emperor titan alongside
2 Colosuses started to go at it with 2 cyclopses and a warlord completely
decked out with fp mouts 32 firepower ouch!!!

first fire fight.. no one in range ..

Turn 2

2 of the Attakcer's warlords opened fire on one of the other warlord the
attaker detachment of 1 baneblade and 3 shadowswords felled one of the 2
wounded warlords. the defender's titans with barrages spent the whole
turn trying to barrage the tank detachment with no luck.
(he got a heathy respect for that fp8 and 3 deathrays.. and din't want
the xtra fp4 from each shadowsword to get in the way)

the Warlord with the heavy firepower opened up on the emperor titan only
fellin 3 shields while the emperor titan aniahlated the 2 colosuses on
the defending ridge.

the last 2 defending warhounds dropped when a colosuss and 1 crippled
warlord opened fire on them.

Turn 3

a the defending emeperor dropped on of the warlords in the center of the
attack just to raise the ire of 2 of the other warlords and 1 reaver..
they proceded to drop most of the shields but no damage scored.. then the
first cyclopse opended up and finished the shield. finally (my) Cyclopse
opened up first with the cyclopse canon rolling d3+3 deathrays and got
all 6!!!
needless to say 6 crits on even the emperor and kaboooommmm.
the game was called at that.. thou the casualtied were light the titans
were starting to drop like flies and without the defender's center held
by the emperor titan.. the rest would be a looong loosing defence..

I know i havnet gone in to detail about the types of weps we had mounted
but the average titan was mounted with 1 -2 death rays

max 2 vortex missles per side.

and atleast 1 cc wep and 1 fp8 wep or 2 fp8 weps..

some artillery titans had 2 barrage weps

and but allmost all had atleast 1 fp8..

Maelstorm

ps sorry i din't keep good notes during the game but i din't think i
would of posted this..