Re: [Epic] Blast markers & ranges

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 03:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

---Philip Troy Routley wrote:

> Let's see if I have this right.
>
> I started thinking about this when I considered Shadowsword SHV's
and how 1
> BM stops the death ray gunner from shooting until the sponson
gunners are
> in range.
>
> It seems to be more logical to have BM's reduce maximum FP, but then
it
> would be to cheap to take vehicles like hellhounds just to soak
BM's...

> Troy

That's why I include a Baneblade in my Shadowsword company... The
extra 110 points is well worth it as the detachment not only gets 8 FP
to soak up blast martkers, but also has an increased damage capacity,
thereby gaining a +1 bonus to leadership tests. I would recommend
this tactic to all Shadowsword company toters.

Christian

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109